Location: San Diego
Responsible for working within the Whalen Marketing team to create fresh creative visuals, to help enhance presentation and marketing materials for our customers.
Responsibilities may also include but are not limited to; working with the team to collaborate and complete projects on hand and in a timely manner; understanding the current market in regards to visual trends and styles and being able to manage and prioritize your own schedule in order to complete projects in a timely manner. Must be able to work in a cross functional team setting, with communications directly to sales, merchandising, product development teams and outside vendor resources.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Participate in market research for product enhancements and potential new opportunities.
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive landscape
- Develop your own detailed design direction by creating mood/trend boards
- In person team presentations to elaborate on new concept direction
- Ability to provide details for any and all components and parts within each design
- Maintain day to day communication with internal marketing team as well as our R&D Center
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from a four year college or university in Furniture Design or Industrial Design. of education and experience.
- 3-5 Years’ experience
- Adobe Creative Suite skills:
- InDesign, etc.
- Microsoft Office:
- High level communication skills:
- Verbal, email, Teams
- Copywriting skills
- Demonstrated graphic design skills
- Understanding of branding
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to work under pressure with constant deadlines
- Marketing background/experience
- Website experience
- Social Media experience
- Project Management
- Furniture background
- Package/Label development
- POP knowledge
- Art Direction
- Photography Knowledge