Location: Los Angeles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in advertising, sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required.
- Experience strategically assessing and achieving client success via sales techniques, including effective questioning, objection handling and competitive selling.
- Expertise in launching and managing paid digital advertising campaigns, particularly in Google Ads and other digital marketing platforms.
- Experience working with channel sales, advertisers, agencies, and/or clients and influencing C-level stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a portfolio in an advertising or media sales context, and demonstrated ability to achieve quotas to drive growth.
- Demonstrated ability to build compelling narratives and utilize storytelling as a client engagement strategy.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Google Customer Solutions (GCS) sales teams are trusted advisors and competitive sellers who maintain a focus on customer success by bringing the best Google has to offer. Account Strategists are responsible for driving advertising growth by educating, providing solutions and consulting with agencies directly. GCS Sales team members are extremely proactive, data-driven, team-oriented and enthusiastic about our fast-paced environment.
GCS Sales Account Strategists work across multiple business units, including but not limited to: Agency Sales, Mid-Market Sales, New Business Sales, Channel Sales.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Deliver against assigned quota; prioritize and deliver outstanding customer business experience to Google's advertisers.
- Implement creative ways to improve our Agency relationships, tailor and share performance-enhancing suggestions, and promote other Google products.
- Communicate with Agencies proactively, via phone and email.
- Provide strategic advice and help Agencies get the best ROI on their clients’ advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.