Cadence Kitchen is a food technology company that combines culinary expertise, high-quality ingredients, and innovative technology to transform the way people access and prepare their meals. We are disrupting the frozen food category with restaurant-quality appetizers, sides, and entrées that prove frozen food can not only be convenient and accessible, but it can also be incredibly flavorful and fresh tasting. If you are interested in work that revolutionizes the way people prepare and experience food, then you should apply for the Graphic Designer position.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a skilled and creative Graphic Designer to drive and execute all of Cadence Kitchen branded assets. You'll need to be innovative, energetic, detailed oriented, and obsessed about food.
We are looking for someone who is not only highly creative but also deeply strategic, with interest in disrupting categories and driving consumer value. If you are passionate about smart visual storytelling and impactful branding, we would love to start a conversation!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The graphic designer will be responsible for developing concepts, creating designs and executing branded experiences across our digital platforms and printed communication materials.
- Responsible for concept development that translates storytelling into design and graphics.
- Ability to lead all creative components of the graphic needs.
- Ability and motivation to graphically problem solved complex ideas.
- Create and design various graphic materials for print and digital collateral from concept to completion
- Food & beverage packaging, mockups, social media content, store displays, animations, illustrations, video editing, digital graphics and displays, promotional materials and other communication materials needed to reflect the voice and tone of the brand.
- Innovate new and exciting visual concepts that capture the audiences' attention
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Communicate effectively with internal team throughout project process to ensure requirements are fulfilled, expectations are managed, and deadlines are met
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Produce concept drafts, mood boards, mockups for review by Director of Marketing and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Have exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented in how a deliverable looks and appears sharp with clean and organized layouts
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing, Upper Management and creative freelancers to create media.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY
• Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP's
• Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to Cadence management or your direct supervisor.
• Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, art design or related field.
• 4 + years of graphic and digital design experience
• High level of proficiency with graphic design software such as Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and more.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Technical understanding of the web development process and a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
• Experience creating and/or managing media in a digital-focused environment
• Proficient in all aspects of the creative process, including illustration, animation, mood boards and video editing.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
• Designer must be able to collaborate, be positive and open to feedback on their work from others.
• Ability to contribute to brainstorms and provide constructive feedback during design critiques
• Exceptional typography, layout and color theory capabilities.
• Must be self-directed and operate with passion, urgency, focus, and discipline
• Website design, development experience and WordPress experience is a plus but not required.
Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury.
Remain in a normal seated position for long periods of time.
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to your Manager.
Ability to wear required PPEs when working in the Corona plant.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This position a full time except position reports to the Director of Marketing.
*Please submit a link to your portfolio or website to be considered for this role