Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
We are seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications and Public Relations to develop and manage internal and external communication programs across a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate will implement programs to highlight Ionis’ technology and pipeline with industry and business news media, patients and other key external audiences. S/he will also conceive and implement high-caliber communications programs designed to inform and motivate employees. This individual will be a creative strategic self-starter with the proven ability to develop and execute plans in a timely and effective manner.
- Execute impactful PR programs to educate the target audiences about new therapies, creating competitive advantage and increasing share of voice in line with the company´s business priorities
- Anticipate, prepare, and manage issues in close alignment with investor relations and other key internal business partners
- Effectively use channels, including social media, to support business objectives; serve as catalyst for new ideas and programs
- Develop effective strategies to garner interest of top tier business, industry and consumer media
- Develop and implement impactful internal and executive communications campaigns to inspire and drive employee engagement
- Create and implement communications strategies to support major change initiatives and organizational development strategies
- Effectively manage external agencies and suppliers to achieve communication goals
- Serve as a liaison with internal business partners including, HR, Finance, Legal, and other teams as needed to bring to life the Ionis brand, energizing employees and to promote a positive experience of working at Ionis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, and/or Marketing
- 5-8 years of related professional experience in communications or related environment; biotech/pharma experience preferred
- Proven ability to propose and run successful PR campaigns that deliver measurable results
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Knowledge of media relations in the biotech/pharma industry preferred
- Strong organization and project management skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Ability to travel