The Fontana Chamber of Commerce has served as the voice, advocate, and resource for our business community since 1914. We are a non-profit 501 C(6) organization. We work hard to promote growth, trade, and civic improvement for our community, and to attract people, industry, and businesses to the city of Fontana.
Position Summary: The Marketing Assistant is a part-time position, with potential to go full-time within one year. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for achieving company branding goals by bringing sufficient qualified social media traffic from followers and engagement increase through social marketing campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, organized, and comfortable on-camera.
- Create graphic design content for flyers, social media, and website.
- Write and edit communications for website and social media.
- Document events and create promotions for members through photo and video.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to make sure brand image is aligned with larger goals and strategies.
- Assist with the planning, development, and implementation of successful social media marketing campaigns, email, and ad campaign strategies to drive optimal follower and engagement social media results across all social channels.
- Social media marketing content creation and preparation for Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube (pictures, videos).
- Create written content (articles, blogs, etc.) for website and promote on social channels.
- Generate qualified traffic through mainstream social to increase membership, engagement, and organic followers.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, yearly Social Media Marketing Reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications to indicate completed tasks, follower, engagement and traffic data, brand and marketing status, trends, demands, etc.
- Perform other duties upon request by the Director of Marketing and Communications or the Executive Director.
- Positive, professional, and “self-starter” mentality.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills verbally, and in writing.
- Organized and self-motivated, able to smoothly work as part of a collaborative team.
- A passion for marketing, social media, and digital advertising.
- A desire to remain up-to-date with trends, new features and functionalities in social media (Tiktok, Instagram/Facebook, Youtube)
- An “eye” for good design - can create concepts quickly leveraging basic design thinking.
- High School Graduate: Bachelor’s degree and/or college experience is a plus.
- Social Media Experience: at least 3 years
- Marketing Experience: at least 2 years
- Video Editing Experience: at least 2 years
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and samples of your work to be considered.
The Fontana Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Social Media Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Fontana, CA 92335 (Required)
- Are you comfortable communicating and engaging with social media and on camera?
- One location
Hours per week: