Job Title: Vice President of Marketing
Reports to: CEO
The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for developing the marketing and brand strategies that align with the strategic vision of the Company. The Vice President of Marketing will lead and align the marketing department to partner with brands, vendors, as well as our internal retail, marketing and procurement teams to identify innovative ways to further build and extend the business, maximize market share, increase sales and elevate our brand. This person must have a successful track record working collaboratively within the department and across other business functions, including merchandising, creative design and operations to ensure that the team is aligned in driving the Company's marketing strategies across all markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the integration of the marketing strategy and coordinate marketing plans with all functional departments.
- Develop and leverage a network of influencers to create an organic social community following.
- Pioneer and implement measurable strategies that will drive customer acquisition and increase brand equity.
- Manage the entire Marketing department including creative, digital, entertainment, promotions, events, and social media teams.
- Lead all marketing functions including catalog business, strategic marketing partnerships, event and philanthropic related marketing and branding campaigns.
- Develop a marketing plan that reaches target segments quickly and effectively.
- Create and develop social media initiatives to create a best in class social media presence that empowers consumers and partners to spread the brand.
- Work with cross functional marketing teams including creative services, digital, visual teams, operations and retail, to ensure execution of brand strategies and to ensure brand image campaigns are integrated across all consumer touch points.
- Develop cohesive relationships and strategic marketing alignments/collaboration with all internal departments, brand partners, field management and outside groups.
- Lead the creation and management of the marketing strategy, budget and milestones.
- Oversee and update communication of key events on an ongoing basis.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to identify the best ROI for various marketing initiative
- 5+ years of marketing leadership at the executive level required
- Strong leadership/management skills
- 10+ years of leading high performing marketing/sales teams in a consumer-facing industry, preferably within retail
- Must have extensive digital marketing experience
- Corporate retail and branding experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven success working collaboratively across multifunctional teams
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field required
- CPG experience is a plus
- Sales management experience is a plus
- Brand management experience is a plus
Skills and Attitudes:
Must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate. This position requires someone who is highly organized and detailed with the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Must have ability to:
- Perform all job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Understand guest service needs and be ahead of the curve
- Work cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in marketing or business preferred
- 10+ years of progressive marketing leadership experience may be substituted for degree
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Valid California Driver's License
The following are constant demands for this position:
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Must have the ability to travel. This position requires up to 40% travel
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule during the current pandemic- telecommute with occasional in office days
- Occasionally low temperatures
- Occasionally high temperatures
- Constantly noisy environment
- Occasionally poor ventilation
- Occasionally small and/or enclosed spaces
- Occasionally driving in adverse weather conditions
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Urbn Leaf provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.