ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
2021 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Now Accepting Applications
HOW TO APPLY:
Objective of the AAF-IE Academic Achievement Scholarship
The AAF-Inland Empire promotes and encourages academically talented students of advertising related disciplines to apply for the $1500 Academic Achievement Scholarship, assisting them in their academic endeavors. Reflective of the competitive world of business, the Academic Achievement Scholarship will be granted on a competitive basis rather than by recommendation.
- Complete the AAF-Inland Empire Application on-line application.
- Attach the following items to the on-line application: a NON-OFFICIAL copy of school transcripts, your complete essay in PDF format, letter(s) of recommendation, and one piece of creative art work (optional).
- Submit your on-line application before the deadline.
- Applicants must be attending an Inland Empire university, college, career college, technical college or trade school at the time the application is submitted and award granted.
- Students must be a degree candidate majoring or minoring in a field related to Advertising such as: Advertising, Marketing, Commercial/Graphic Arts, Photography, Communication, Public Relations, Printing, Radio/Television/Film, etc.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must obtain at least one letter of recommendation (no more than three) from faculty in their field of study.
- Applicants must include an essay describing how advertising can contribute to society in a positive way and their reason for wanting to enter the advertising industry. This information may include life experiences, educational and personal goals, significant accomplishments, and unique personal assets. The essay may also include financial need for the award. Please limit essays to 250-500 words. The essay should be typewritten and double-spaced with one inch margins.
- Applicants may also include one piece of creative work. This can be in the form of a print, television or radio advertisement (scripts/storyboard or a fully produced work), interactive media component such as a website, on-line banner, email/e-card, micro or mini site, on-line game, on-line newsletter, podcast, Internet commercial or webisode, graphic design piece such as a logo, or illustration; photography, or sound design project.
Selection will be made on a scoring system of the above listed criteria, how well directions were followed, written communication, and the overall presentation of the material. A personal interview may be required. The Selection Committee reserves the right to decide if an interview is necessary to decide the recipient of the award.
The deadline to submit paperwork for the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award is February 14, 2021, by MIDNIGHT. Applications received after that date will not be reviewed.
Notification & Presentation
Winning recipient will be notified. Award will be announced at the American Advertising Awards Gala. Please direct any questions about the AAF-Inland Empire Academic Achievement Award to our contact us page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship money must be used for qualified expenses including tuition and fees, books, course- or degree-related costs (like supplies required for specific classes) but does not includes other college-related costs such as room, board, and travel. Scholarship money must be paid directly to qualifying expenses creditors where available.